Jewel City Daniel Fast 2020
The Daniel fast begins January 6th and will end January 26th. This is a time to deny ourselves and draw closer to God through His Word and prayer.
Below you can find a meal plan with cooking instructions and a shopping list to aid you in this fast. Click HERE to print.
Week 1 Meal Plan
- Breakfast – Oatmeal w/ Fruit
- Lunch – Spinach Salad w/ Fruit
- Dinner – Spaghetti Squash & Veggie Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- Breakfast – 1 Apple or 1 Banana w/ Natural Peanut or Almond Butter
- Lunch – Vegtable Soup w/ rice
- Dinner – Crockpot Quinoa Chili w/ optional Side Salad
- Breakfast – Fruit Smoothie
- Lunch – Lettuce Wrap
- Dinner – Veggie Stir Fry over Brown Rice
- Breakfast – Fruit Salad
- Lunch – Dinner Leftovers
- Dinner – Corn Chowder w/ Side Salad
- Breakfast – Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Lunch – Salad w/ Avocado
- Dinner – Leftover Chili or Chowder and Side Salad
- Breakfast – Coconut Fig Bars
- Lunch – Dinner Left Overs
- Dinner – Quinoa Stuffed Avocados
- Breakfast – Potato Tofu Scramble
- Lunch – Lentil Soup
- Dinner – Chopped Veggie Salad w/ beans, nuts and seeds. Naan/flatbread
- Oatmeal – Steel cut or rolled oats topped with nuts, seeds, dried or fresh fruit.
- Fruit w/ nut butter – 1 fresh apple or 1 fresh banana topped with 1-2 tbsp. of natural peanut or almond butter.
- Fruit Smoothie – Any blend of fresh or frozen fruit, veggies and coconut water or milk substitute. A tasty example – 1 cup Almond Milk, ½ cup mixed berries, ½ a banana, ½ cup chopped cucumber, ½ an avocado and 1 cup fresh spinach.
- Fruit Salad – Fresh fruits chopped and mixed together.
- Quinoa – 2 cups cooked quinoa, 2 cups almond milk, ½ tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, dash of vanilla, 1 cup fresh blueberries, ¼ cup sliced almonds.
- Coconut Fig Bars – ½ cup whole wheat flour, ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats, 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, ¼ cup date honey, 1 cup chopped dried figs, 2 tbsp chopped pecans, ¼ cup shredded coconut, ½ tsp. cinnamon. Mix all ingredients and bake in an 8×8 dish at 350 for 15 minutes. (this recipe makes 12 bars)
- Potato Tofu Fritata – 4-5 green onions chopped, 4 cloves garlic minced, 2 medium potatoes shredded, ½ tsp. black pepper, 2lb. firm tofu, soy sauce to taste. Sauté onions in olive oil, add garlic, add potatoes, salt and pepper. In a food processor, cream tofu, salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Pour cream over potatoes and bake 30-40 minutes at 350 until center of frittata is firm.
- Spinach Salad – Fresh baby spinach with strawberries, grapes and/or apple chunks, topped with any simple dressing made from olive/grapeseed oil, fresh lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar.
- Vegetable soup – 2 carrots, 2 stalks of celery, ½ onion, 1 clove garlic, 1 carton veggie stock, 2 cups brown rice (cooked), salt and pepper to taste. Sauté veggies add stock and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add rice and simmer additional 5 minutes.
- Lettuce Wrap – filled with hummus, beans and/or mixed veggies.
- Salad with Avocado – Mixed greens topped with avocado and choice of veggies, beans, fruits, nuts and seeds, Topped with a simple dressing.
- Lentil Soup – 1 cup zucchini, 1 cup sweet peas, ½ cup carrots, ½ cup celery, ½ cup onion, 2 cloves garlic, 6 cups veggie broth, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 cup dry lentils, salt, pepper and thyme to taste. Sauté veggies until Soft, add garlic, add broth, tomatoes and lentils. Boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
Spaghetti Squash and Veggie Meatballs –
- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash
- 1 jar pasta/marinara sauce
- 12 oz organic veggie ground (mushroom based)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 TBS ground flax + 3 TBS water, combined
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup water (optional for consistency)
- 1 teaspoon Worsteshire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Microwave spaghetti squash a few minutes to soften skin, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds
- Place squash cut side down in a large baking dish, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Combine veggie ground, onion, flax seed + water combo, breadcrumbs, water, and seasonings
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet
- Bake squash and meatballs approximately 30 minutes, until squash is tender
- Rake inside of squash with a fork to pull out strands (like spaghetti)
- Top squash with meatballs and pasta sauce
Crockpot Quinoa Chili –
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes canned
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker, stir and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
Veggie Stir Fry w/ Brown Rice –
- Chop and sauté fresh veggies or use frozen blend. Top with sesame oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds and sliced almonds.
Corn Chowder –
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 sweet potato, finely chopped
- 15oz package frozen corn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in large pan and sauté onion, carrot, and garlic over low heat for about 5 minutes, until soft
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute
- Add vegetable stock stir well
- Add sweet potato, bring to a boil, then simmer approximately 20 minutes
- Stir in the corn and cook for 5 minutes
- Remove 2 cups of soup to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- Return to pan, mix thoroughly, season with salt and pepper and reheat
- Serve immediately
Quinoa Stuffed Avocados –
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 1 c. cooked quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 c. corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- kosher salt
- Scoop out avocados, leaving a small border. Dice avocado and set aside.
- Make quinoa salad: In a large bowl, combine quinoa, beans, scallion, peppers, and corn. Add olive oil and lime juice and toss to combine. Season with salt.
- Divide salad among 4 avocado halves.
- Avocado 2-5
- Red and Green Bell Peppers
- Green Onions
- Spaghetti Squash
- Grap or Cherry Tomatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Red Onion and Yellow Onions
- Any Fruit or Veggies Preferred for Snacks
- Canned and Dry Goods
- Steel Cut or Rolled Oats
- Nuts and Seeds
- Natural Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- Black Beans 15oz Can
- Kidney Beans 15oz Can
- Black eye Peas 15oz Can
- Chickpeas 15oz Can
- Veggie Broth x3 32oz
- Diced Tomatoes x2 15oz Can
- Tomato Sauce 15oz Can
- Jar of Veggie Pasta Sauce
- Brown Rice
- Pantry Items
- Seasame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Seasame Seeds
- Vhili Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt Pepper
- Cold and Feezer Items
- Almond or Coconut Milk
- Bag of Frozen corn x2
- Frozen Stir Fry Veggie Blend
Join us For Service Every Sunday & Wednesday
Sunday Morning 10am
P.O. Box 1 Shinnston, WV, 26431
Sunday Evening 6pm
511 Jewel City Blvd, Meadowbrook, WV, 26404
Wednesday Evening 6:30pm
General Office Phone: